Learn the latest updates on Form W-4 and Form W-2 wage and withholding reporting. This webinar will prepare your staff for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of complaints from the IRS. Experienced CGMA and businessman Miles Hutchinson will review the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and will provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny.
Why You Should Attend
The IRS is changing the rules in regulatory reporting once again. We will review the current Forms W-4 and W-2 and related issues to prepare you for a smooth reporting season.
- Review legal and regulatory changes for the reporting year
- Summary of the impacts of the Tax Credits and Jobs Act
- Benefits/credits about to expire
- Retirement funding – new thresholds
- Updated forms, including the new form W-4 (no longer based on exemption allowances)
- Reporting the cost of employer sponsored health coverage – which employers are affected, when employers must begin reporting, what to report, valuation methods, etc.
- How to handle expense reimbursements made to employees - reportable/taxable?
- How to efficiently execute an electronic W-4 program
- Verifying employee social security numbers online
- Applying for advance credits using Form 7200
- Electronic filing with the SSA using Business Services Online (BSO) – the requirements and benefits
- Where to turn when you want to transmit employee copies of W-2’s electronically
- What your company can do to minimize resource consumption when complying with this regulatory reporting requirement
- What if we make a mistake? Corrections and penalties
Credits and Other information:
- Recommended CPE credit – 2.0
- Recommended field of study – Taxes
- Session Prerequisites and preparation: None
- Session learning level: Basic
- Location: Virtual/Online
- Delivery method: Group Internet Based
- NASBA Sponsor: 138804
- IRS Course ID: DFFS
- Attendance Requirement: Yes
- Session Duration: 2 Hours
- Case Studies and Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for reference
Who Will Benefit: