How to maximize wealth in your life and transfer tax efficiently to future generations?
These two goals are at the heart of financial and estate planning; however, to achieve them you’ll need to find an optimal balance between the two taxation systems that govern wealth: income taxes and transfer taxes (gift/estate).
In this CE/CPE course, the speaker will discuss how planning during a lifetime can reduce estate taxes.
Financial planners will understand the significance of making gifts, setting up trusts, and obtaining life insurance to assist a client in a position to best protect their families. This planning is emphasized to assist clients in reaching their financial planning goals. We help planners understand the differences between taxable estate and probate estate.
- To discuss the elements of the taxable estate.
- To show financial planners the significance of planning using techniques and strategies during a client’s life.
- To explore the risks involved with not planning and not monitoring a client’s overall estate planning.
- To differentiate between the taxable estate and the probate estate.
- To know the effect of gifting, setting up trusts, and acquiring sufficient life insurance on the client’s financial plan.
- To identify tools, checklists, and government forms to assist the planner in analyzing a client’s tax situation.
- To explain the role of estate and gift taxes in comprehensive financial planning.
Who Should Attend?
Bookkeepers & Accountants & Tax Preparers California Registered Tax Professional Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CPA (Industry) CPA - Large Firm CPA - Mid Size Firm CPA - Small Firm Maryland Tax Preparers Oregon Tax Preparers Tax Accountant (Industry) Tax Attorney Tax Firm Tax Professionals Young CPA
Credits and Other information:
- Recommended CPE credit – 2.0 Tax Hours
- Recommended field of study – Tax
- Session Prerequisites and preparation: None
- Session learning level: Basic
- Location: Virtual/Online
- Delivery method: Group Internet Based
- NASBA Sponsor: 138804
- IRS Course ID: DFFSC
- Attendance Requirement: Yes
- Session Duration: 2 Hours
- Case Studies and Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for reference
Thecpeeducator is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.