Form 709 is used to report transfers subject to the Federal gift and certain generation-skipping transfer (GST) taxes, and to figure the tax, if any, due on those transfers.
In this informative 4-hour Live Webinar (4 CPE Hours), noted taxation expert, author and educator Arthur Werner, will walk participants through the Form 709 and show how gifting strategies can work as part of the taxpayer's estate plans.
- Understand how to file a simple gift tax return
- You will be able to discuss the purpose of a gift tax return.
- You will be able to describe the benefits of a properly prepared gift tax return and describe the risks of an improperly prepared gift tax return.
- You will be able to explain how to prepare a gift tax return.
- You will be able to review a gift tax return and recognize if it is properly prepared.
- Basis Rules for 709
- Definition of a gift
- Gift tax strategies
Who Will Benefit:
- Enrolled Agents
- Tax Attorneys
- Other Tax Professionals who advise clients on tax, retirement and estate planning, and other wealth management matters.